[Anjuta-list] SDL / Anjuta Projects

I have tried and tried to figure out how to properly setup a new Anjuta
project for SDL properly and I just can't seem to figure it out.

So far I've copied the contents of 'sdl.m4' to my acinclude.m4, and I've
added this:

dnl Check for SDL
SDL_VERSION=1.2.4
AM_PATH_SDL($SDL_VERSION,
            :,
            AC_MSG_ERROR([*** SDL version $SDL_VERSION not found!])
)
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $SDL_CFLAGS"
LIBS="$LIBS $SDL_LIBS"

To my Project Configuration->Configuration Scripts->Library Checks.

While configure shows that it's doing the SDL step. The project
makefiles don't include the SDL_CFLAGS, etc. or aren't affected by the
above and as such my program fails to compile when trying to include
SDL.h

How can I do this properly without munging all the files so that Anjuta
can't manage the project for me anymore?