Re: [Anjuta-list] New Tag Manager library

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 14:32, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on a tag management library
> (http://www.angelfire.com/linux/biswapesh/ ) which I'm hoping to
> integrate into Anjuta. Right now it is pretty basic but stable.
>
> Features:
> ----------
>
> [...]

Seems quite a bit of stuffs. :-). Good work Biswas.

> Limitations:
> ------
> b) Not integrated with Anjuta yet - I'll do that once the library itself
> is more-or-less finished. I'd appreciate any help here since I'm
> absolute zero at GTK+/GNOME programming and I don't have CVS access here
> (firewall :-()

No problem. The class browser is almost ready. If the library is ready,
it's only a matter of few lines changes in the ccview class-browser to
use/integrate the tag-manager library.

> c) No documentation whatsoever - I'll start on that (probably using
> doxygen unless there is some other standard for GNOME ?) once the API is
> stabilized. However, the code is (hopefully) self-documenting and going
> through src/main.c should give one a pretty good idea about usage.

:-)

> Note that this is not intended to replace the existing project manager
> or browser. Rather, I'm hoping that the project manager, symbol browser,
> syntax highliter, calltip provider, symbol autocompletion, etc. can use
> this library to do their jobs better and in a more integrated fashion.
> Please give it a go and tell me if it has the potential to be useful. As
> it stands, it can replace the hardcoded linux-gnome-c.api at least
> (perhaps during installation).

Exactly, that's the motto of this development. :)

I am right now studing the API and I should be soon able to put it in
use with the ccview class that we have.

Regards,
-Naba