Re: [Anjuta-list] Keybindings

On 14 Aug 2001 13:55:17 +0100, Andy Piper wrote:
> Stef wrote:
> > What sort of keybindings : vim / emacs default
> > keybindings for example ?
> > If that's it : since a lot of ppl asked for it,
> > we surely do something like that...
>
> Two very different points here:
>
> 1)
> Our wishlists / feature lists / TODO lists are getting way out of sync!.
> At the moment, we have the TODO file from the distribution, the feature
> requests on SF, some mention in the documentation of features e.g. CVS
> integration, and also the wishlist on the website. These ought to all
> be integrated somehow!
>
> I suggest that we should merge everything into the TODO list. That way,
> it is available to everyone. I could transfer ideas from the feature
> requests on the website, and close them once they have been added to
> the TODO file for reference (or leave them open, for comments?). Also,
> the ideas from the website should be merged.
>
> Then, the future features page on the website could be automatically
> updated from the TODO list in CVS, so it is always up-to-date.
Sounds cool.

> Finally, we've yet to produce a document detailing the roadmap, and I
> think that would be very useful for people wishing to join the project (
> along with more updates to the HACKING file, and better code comments :)
We have to wait Naba for this :)

> 2)
> How can vi or emacs keymappings actually be implemented?
There's already a bonobo mapper for vi/emacs keybindings.

I'm currently learning bonobo/bonobo-conf/... etc for the new
architecture of Anjuta (because we'll need to discuss on, and the more
we wait the more time there will be for the next release :)

--Stef