Re: [anjuta-devel] Adding some filtering mechanism for plugin

Hi Johannes,

Le 25/03/2013 22:54, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
I like the idea of the push_increment function because it still allows
to completely replace the profile if necessary. But in general I think
the simple push() should at least by default retain the system profile
if no special parameter is given.

I think we can simplify this a bit by considering that the first (system) profile contains "resident" or "mandatory" plugins which are not unloaded when a new profile is loaded. While the other profiles work like now and are unloaded when a new profile is loaded.

Anjuta should be backward compatible to the old file-format but
otherwise this looks fine to me.

Sure.

Hmm, difficult questions, also depends on distributors a lot. If they
prefer having no "anjuta" executable if only the "gnome-ide" package is
installed then the latter solution sounds better but especially for
testing the command-line option sounds really useful so I think we
should go for that first.

It doesn't make a big difference, so let's use a command line option for the moment.

Do we really need two .plugin files for this? I think the "session"
should give the required information to the plugin instead.

The session is containing user preferences, I don't think we could get the information here.

Then we could put it in the profile, but currently the profile contain only a list of plugins. I plan to add a list of disable plugins but that's all. I would have to add some additional custom attributes too and I would like to minimize the changes here.

Moreover the .plugin file already contains some custom attributes so I think it should be quite easy to read them from the plugin code. I'm not completely satisfied with this solution perhaps we can imagine something better.