Re: [anjuta-devel] 3.10 cycle plans

Hi James,

Le 25/03/2013 22:53, James Liggett a écrit :
1. Use libgit2-glib in the git plugin. Nacho's libgit2 bindings appear
to be shaping up nicely;

I think it's a good idea.

2. Improve usability in git shell. During freeze I did some
experimenting with different ways of exposing commands in git shell. The
early version of my work here is now in master.

I have not get it yet.

3. Show diff output in the Status and Stash views. This was requested
ages ago but I just haven't had the time to do it until now. Once we
move over to libgit2 this should be pretty easy to do.

I think it would be nice to be able to display side by side the two versions but it will probably need some improvements in the editor and perhaps the document manager plugin.

4. Bring some form of log filtering/search back. We had this in the old
git plugin

Ok.

5. Introduce some form of interactive adding. This will allow you to add
parts of changes to a file (i.e. diff hunks) to the index instead of
whole files. This feature would be useful if you've done several changes
to a file that should really be separate commits.

I think this would make a nice advantage of the GUI comparing to the command line. In general, I think we should get a better integration of the git plugin in Anjuta because it where we can gain comparing to a command line tool. By example:

* Be able to create a new git repository when a new project is created.

* Automatically add/remove project files.

* Improve interfaces to make easier to write another backend.

If you have any plans for the new cycle feel free to post them to this
thread. Here's to a great Anjuta 3.10!

I'm currently trying to improve the profile part. The goal is to be able to run customized version of Anjuta using a different set of plugins as it was requested during the Developer experience hackfest.

Another planned improvement is to have a more specific project format. For the moment, it's planned to use BuilDJ but it can be something different. The goal is to be able to manage project in a simple way.

I think it would be probably useful to have a simplified version of the git plugin too. I don't know what could be removed so I let this to someone else but I'm thinking about adding ways to implement such customization.

Another interesting point would be to improve the code auto completion, especially for JavaScript. It's a dynamic language like Python so I think the current symbol database is not well adapt to this use case but can be improved.

The JavaScript debugger is not working as far as I know. It's a pity for the "main" GNOME scripting language. I don't know what is already existing in this area.

I would be nice to display more than one editor pane in the document manager. I will perhaps look at this. Then, GDL, the autotools project manager and the debugger could be improved too.

Best Regards,