Re: [anjuta-devel] How to get the type of member that is a pointer using symbol-db

Hi Marco,

Le 31/07/2013 14:12, Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita a écrit :
I dream of a day where we can simply type "gcc
--list-symbols-decl-and-use source.c" and have it to parse and
automatically generate a good (better than ctags) output of the
symbols declaration and usage of that source file.

clang is already existing and quite good at that but it needs all compiler options. On this point ctags is better.

If we specify an
interface that is simple enough, it would not be too hard to implement
it in other compilers/languages. Imagine how great it would be to have
it working for each gcc-supported language. Imagine how great it would
be to have it working for some non-gcc-supported languages too (vala,
java, javascript, python...).

Well, currently using ctags, you can already get some informations for quite some languages.

I propose we should discuss such an interface (file format and API).
This is something I've been dreaming of for a long time but always
thought it was only me. I think we can make a bit of history with such
an specification.

We can think about this.