Re: [anjuta-devel] How to get the type of member that is a pointer using symbol-db

Hi Massimo,

Le 28/07/2013 18:54, Massimo Cora' a écrit :
I remember that I wrote a patch against ctags to get the return type of
a function, and that I implemented a way to get the pointer type of a
variable in the cxx-parser, using some code from CodeLite - and a lexer.
You can look at parser-cxx plugin.

Anyway please note that currently symbol-db won't give you the pointer
info because its ctags-backend doesn't provide it.

The best choice would be to replace totally ctags in view of a clang
based parser.

I'm interested to improve this part. I have thought about moving the code reading the output of ctags in its own plugin allowing to easily use a different backend. It will make the code of the symbol-db smaller and it will be easier to choose a different backend. But I'm not sure it worths it. Else as we use anjuta-ctags anyway, we can just improve anjuta-ctags. What do you think?