[anjuta-devel] Improvements on anjuta-tags

Hi Massimo,

I would like to make some improvements in anjuta-tags. But before, I think it would be useful to port the improvements committed in the official source forge repository of ctags. Do you agree with that?

I see that there are quite a lots of samples for checking ctags. I think it could be useful to add them in Anjuta but I don't know what is the best solution. We can check only anjuta-tags by generating a tag file and just comparing it with a reference file committed in Anjuta repository. The issue with this option is that we don't check the symbol database. Is it possible to generate a file, in ASCII if possible, from the Anjuta database so we can easily compare it with a reference?

A last idea, I think it would be better to add another level to order the symbol by type at least in the file symbol list. So instead of having
SYMBOL_DB_QUERY_GET_PRIVATE
_SymbolDBQueryPriv
on_sdb_query_async_poll(...)
on_sdb_query_dbe_connected(...)
on_sdb_query_dbe_disconnected(...)

You will have
Macros
        SYMBOL_DB_QUERY_GET_PRIVATE
Types
        _SymbolDBQueryPriv
Functions
        on_sdb_query_async_poll(...)
        on_sdb_query_dbe_connected(...)
        on_sdb_query_dbe_disconnected(...)

It looses a few lines but you can easily hide a whole class of symbols if you are not interested which is, I think, useful. What do you think?