Re: [anjuta-devel] List properties in Anjuta Project API

Hi Abderrahim,

Le 15/08/2013 08:56, Abderrahim Kitouni a écrit :
I have started work on the BuilDj plugin, and I have a barely working
version now (see [1]).

Thank that's a really good news.

One thing I didn't understand with the Project API is how to handle
properties that are lists. How are project backends supposed to store
properties which are lists?

It's very close to a string property, the difference is that the value of a list property is a string too but composed of words separated by whitespace, like a list in make files or in TCL if you know it. There are some code inside the project manager to discard unneeded spaces between each word.

Another thing is I want to define clearly how a project backend is
supposed to behave, so that if there is a problem, it is clear whether
the project backend or the project manager needs to be fixed. Currently,
the project manager is so intimately tied to the AM backend that it's
difficult to tell what the project backend should do. It would be also
great to document for anyone writing a project backend plugin later.

I fully agree with this. I have used the project manager for handling makefile and directory project so it's not only useful to autotools. But these backends have not real write support all this part is probably too linked with autotools.

Something else I need to take a look at is the fact that symbol-db can't
seem to find the project files.
libanjuta-symbol-db-WARNING **: Strange enough, no files in project
->localprj<- found

The symbol-db plugin should looks for project node with the type ANJUTA_PROJECT_SOURCE, you should have one node for each source file.