[anjuta-devel] List properties in Anjuta Project API

Hello Sébastien, all,

I have started work on the BuilDj plugin, and I have a barely working version now (see [1]). It currently doesn't notice when the project files are updated, and trying to implement that I've encountered a segfault deep inside the project manager.

One thing I didn't understand with the Project API is how to handle properties that are lists. How are project backends supposed to store properties which are lists?

Another thing is I want to define clearly how a project backend is supposed to behave, so that if there is a problem, it is clear whether the project backend or the project manager needs to be fixed. Currently, the project manager is so intimately tied to the AM backend that it's difficult to tell what the project backend should do. It would be also great to document for anyone writing a project backend plugin later.

I'll try to write what (I think) I figured out, along with some suggestions, and send it here for comments.

Something else I need to take a look at is the fact that symbol-db can't seem to find the project files.
libanjuta-symbol-db-WARNING **: Strange enough, no files in project ->localprj<- found

Abderrahim
[1] https://bitbucket.org/abderrahim/anjuta-buildj