Re: [anjuta-devel] 3.10 cycle plans

Hello Sébastien,

On Thursday, 04 April, 2013 03:48 AM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
Hi,

Le 03/04/2013 15:29, Arnel A. Borja a écrit :
If fork is used to execute a program, we could use g_spawn_async to
replaceit. Most use of fork in Anjuta is to do that. The only problem is
the forkpty emulation which currently I don't know how to implement.

I think forkpty is used only in the launcher object and I think this could be implemented using g_spawn.
OK, I'll try looking at it again. It is now (probably) the only barrier for symbol-db to work.

I already have some type of an installer infrastructure that uses NSIS,
which I already used with gWaei and my programs, so it shouldn't need
a lot of time to create one for Anjuta.

I have already done some Windows installers. I have used Wix, it's an open source project. The nice part is that it uses all Microsoft technology. You write a description of your package in xml and it is converted to a .msi file.
Are you using Wix on Linux? I think it's superior than NSIS but I can't make it to work in Wine, so I just gave up and stayed in NSIS :).