Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi,

Le 26/05/2012 11:57, Massimo Cora' a écrit :
well maybe with a facade we can define a common interface from the three
modules, and make them available for the other plugins - a public
interface. The three internal modules could instead collaborate and
retrieve more infos on a symbol for instance.

Sure.

well, you should wrap for example what a symbol is, adding an adapter
that let symbol db understanding a clang one is, or viceversa.
I think it's the only way to let the two communicate between each other.
When you have defined this, say AnjutaGeneralSymbol, you can switch the
implementation details.

I'm not sure we need an interface for this, we could have quite a lots of symbol so it's perhaps better to keep them in simple structure (with access functions). But anyway we need an interface for all plugins able to create such symbol object.

we can fill the line results using ctags/symbol-db, providing the search
plugin with a complete info.

I think it would be interesting to know what is the first line and the last line of a function to be able to replace a name only in one function. If I have understood correctly ctags is not able to do this.

clang 3.1 has just been released. Did you have some experiments with
clang? Has it the macro/line problems?

I haven't tried but as you need to provide the compiler options, I suppose that a piece of code inside an unused #ifdef, will not be seen at all by clang. While I suppose it is parsed by symbol-db, so even clang will have some drawbacks which could be quite difficult to fix.