Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi Seb,

sorry for the late reply.

On 04/30/2012 09:55 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
You have drawn GUI GtkView symbols and Ctags in a different box than
symbol-db plugin. Do you means that they could be in different plugins
or all the code stay in the symbol-db plugin?

the code stays in symbol-db plugin, but it's an MVC pattern so they're quite decoupled, even if not at all.

I would like by example to display a function call graph. Is it possible
to get all necessary informations (which functions are called in each
function) from the symbol-db plugin. If yes could I do it outside or
should it be done inside the symbol-db plugin?

well, no. I think what you're looking for is http://www.gnu.org/software/cflow/

Then, isn't it possible to use the CLang parser to replace ctags for the
symbol-db plugin?

I would use clang for the completion and symbol-db for static file analysis.

In the opposite way, isn't it possible to keep using ctags for auto
completion if clang is not installed?

yes but we would have a really bad performance. That's because with ctags you have to use a top-down approach instead of a bottom-up with clang. The top down approach requires high usage of regexes, data dictionaries and guessing. That's why its complexity soon becomes unmaintainable and error prone. The bottom up approach is much more a low level parsing task, but we've already have it done with the clang compiler. Each C expression is then immediately solved with return type, members, etc.

Regards,
Massimo