[anjuta-devel] Next step for GDL

Hi,

I have spent some time to understand and add some documentation to GDL. There are still some work needed but I have a rough understanding of it now.

I still think this library is quite nice so I don't plan major changes but I think some cleanings will be useful like:

* Use GtkOrientation interface when possible

* Remove GdlDockObject macros and replace them with access functions

* Remove public member as far as possible, replacing them with function when needed.

* Change some functions normally used only inside GDL.

* Make API easier to use for introspection.

What do you think about this? Do you think that some points are more important. Do you see other things more important for GDL?

What do we do with the compatibility?

I think we can keep at least all functions normally used by other programs. But there are quite a lots of functions probably used only in GDL but which are still public. I think that changing them is a break of the API anyway. So perhaps it doesn't make sense to make a difference between these functions.

There is a similar issue for structures which have several public members. I think it would be better to remove them but perhaps it's better to keep them and provide access functions.