Re: [anjuta-devel] Aggressivity of merging

On 06/18/2012 09:55 AM, Moritz Lüdecke wrote:
For example plugins/git/git-add-files-pane.c and
plugins/git/git-remove-files-pane.c. Only 27 of 159 lines are different.
I was not sure if this is intended...
It is. Given that those operations do very different things depending on
the context, I felt it would be better to have a little bit of repeated
code so that the two panes could be extended separately if needed.
Besides, the repeated code is mostly boilerplate anyway.

As a general rule, I've decided that extensibility is a very important
requirement for git plugin code, because git has so many different
commands that we have to support.

Hope this helps to clarify things.

James