[anjuta-devel] Aggressivity of merging

Hello everybody,

Today I tried to merge the calltip code in language-support-vala with the new parser-engine plugin. Each corresponding method do this in a different way. (see https://github.com/ritze/anjuta-clang/commit/814f11c887e63f0a4b9c71eff17649afd8b99e58#L2R401 "plugins/language-support-vala/provider.vala" and "plugins/parser-engine/plugin.c")

For example the vala plugin only displays the parameters of the method without the name of the method and parser-engine plugin, which is used in the cpp-java plugin, also shows the name of the method.

Additionally I couldn't find out, if the parser-engine plugin will be ever append a "..." string for a parameter with variable number of arguments (like args in the main method).

My ask is how aggressive should I merge the code? Should each language-support plugin show the calltips in the same way or in its own way?

Another point is the cache part, which each language-support plugin does it in a different way too.

The good news is that I've already merge the obviously code. By the way I saw, that the git plugin has very much code duplication.

Regards Moritz