Re: [anjuta-devel] The new parser-engine Plugin

Hi Johannes,

Last two days I tried to run my code. But I fail always at the same point as in the past: The language-support plugins have to communicate with the new parser-engine plugin.

At the very beginning I used two interfaces. One for the parser-engine plugin and one for the language-support plugins. Than I'd problems with null pointer every time, when I need the interface object to call methods of the interface.

Just under two weeks ago I tried to use only one interface. But the problem is, that the parser-engine plugin, which realise IAnjutaProvider, executes methods of the language-support plugin. (see IAnjutaCalltipProvider)

The language-support plugin starts a async search for the completion proposals and the calltip part. For completion proposals the language-support plugin executes the method "ianjuta_editor_assist_proposals" with a provider object after the search is complete and was successful. But the provider object is a different as used in the parser-engine plugin.

In this case the list of completion proposals is useless, because IAnjutaProvider is realise in the parser-engine plugin and as I already said, this class holds another provider object.

I went back to the roots and I tried it with two interfaces again:
* IAnjutaCalltipProvider: to execute methods, which are realised in the language-support plugin * IAnjutaProviderAssist: to execute methods, which are realised in the new parser-engine plugin

The language-support plugin executes methods from the parser-engine plugin after a completed and successfully search. Then the parser-engine plugin executes "ianjuta_editor_assist_proposals" with the right provider object.

And now my problem: How can I get an interface object of IAnjutaCalltipProvider for the parser-engine plugin and an interface object of IAnjutaProviderAssist for the language-support plugin at the same time? In this way the two plugins are dependent on each other, because the parser-engine plugin realises the IAnjutaProviderAssist interface and the language-support plugin realises IAnjutaCalltipProvider interface.

I hope that I could express myself clearly enough.

Regards,
Moritz