[anjuta-devel] How do snippets work?

Hi there,

I never tried the snippets manager before but I'd like to learn how to
use it. There doesn't seem to be any info in the manual currently -
perhaps, having helped with the manual before, I could write about it?

First, though, I have to figure out how to use it, and the purpose of
this mail is to ask for help with that ;-)

My itch to scratch was to try to add a snippet that puts a GObject
cast around the currently selected text in the editor. So, I select a
variable "foo" in the code by double-clicking on it, press the hotkey
for the snippet, and that should change to GTK_|(foo) where |
represents the position of the insertion point, so that I could go on
to type WINDOW or whatever.

I got as far as GTK_${END_CURSOR_POSITION}(). I also understand that
you can't do something to the currently selected text, because you
need to type to insert a snippet, which would overwrite the selected
text... perhaps I could make the snippet put its parentheses around
the next word in the editor? I understand that I have to add an Anjuta
snippet variable, but I can't find where to connect that to the
internals of Anjuta or how.

Thanks in advance for your help,
--
Philip Chimento