Re: [anjuta-devel] Continuing with AVR plugin

Hi Lucas,

Le 17/02/2012 00:45, Lucas van Dijk a écrit :
Well, I thought it wasn't really 'the way to go' to have a lot of UI
code in your plugin, and if I recall correctly someone even suggested
the XML file thing a while ago, and when I think about it, it's
definitely the most clean option. In this way we can also make sure the
configure dialog still looks nice, and prevent plugins which add an ugly
designed widget set to the configure dialog.

I would prefer to avoid having lot of UI in my plugin too. But I think just adding a few function to the build plugin to add different kind of properties could be enough. It means that the properties are hard coded inside your plugin. It's a bit less flexible but easier to implement. Then, if we need more flexibility I'm agree we can have an XML file.

The problem I have with the current GDB 'tab' in preferences is that the
information is stored in the project session and it's not an Anjuta wide
setting.

I don't see it as a problem. Most settings in this area are saved as Anjuta wide settings, it's really easy to do it for the pretty printer preference too. I have saved them in the project because I have thought it was making more sense but it can be changed.

Therefore I think it's better to have a dialog in the 'Debug'
menu. I think the GDB executable and other settings should be stored in
the project session too, and with that it's also possible to have
project wizards provide an initial session file with for example
'avr-gdb' as default GDB executable.

I'm agree that this would be a nice way to define default value. But the pretty printer preferences are already saved in the session file, so obviously it is already possible to do it as you want.

I think we have only to add some functions to make this easier.