[anjuta-devel] Continuing with AVR plugin

Hi guys,

Although the coming quarter of the year is still quite busy for me, I want to continue with integrating the AVR tools in Anjuta. I have no clue how fast the development will go, but here's the plan:

Project wizard and configuring/compiling
- Fix the damn autoconf and automake script, and make sure you can configure and compile the project using the terminal.
- Think of a new way to alter the Anjuta configure window. Preferably with a XML file which describes which widgets to add and an API for plugins to retrieve the values from it. I guess I can take some inspiration from the project wizard generator.

Debugging
This part won't be really much AVR specific, but I think it's a good idea to remove the 'Debug Remote Target' menu option, and add an option 'Debugger Options', which will in the case of the GNU Debugger contain the pretty printers, and the following options I'd like to add:
- Able to select if you want to debug the current program or a remote target
- In case of a remote target, able to enter target location details
- Configure which gdb executable to use
- More?

This 'Options' dialog should of course be implemented by the right plugin and will be different if for example the _javascript_ debugger is enabled.

The plugin itself
I think I'll rewrite the plugin in Vala, Vala's syntax for classes and objects is a lot more natural for me, and that would make things a bit easier I think.

Any suggestions, tips (especially Abderrahim for creating plugins in Vala?). I'm going to concentrate on the configuring and compiling part first, IMO currently the most important. I'll let you hear how it goes with the autoconf/automake script this weekend.

Lucas van Dijk
http://return1.net