Re: [anjuta-devel] Search Dialog in Anjuta 3.2?

Hi!

I have fixed the issue with the project manager. Indeed calling ianjuta_project_manager_get_children recursively was not a good idea. I think the most time consuming task was to find the node corresponding to the GFile you pass as argument. It is a complete search in the tree.

So now ianjuta_project_manager_get_children is searching recursively for all children and even filter them based on their type. It is a improved version of ianjuta_project_manager_get_element where you can specified the root node. On Anjuta project is run perhaps 10 or 100 times faster here. In addition, I'm removing duplicate files.

By the way, if you select the root node, you get all source files corresponding to the library header files. It can be interesting but I don't know if you always want them. It's possible to remove them by specifying a flag in the type field, the symbol-db plugin already do it when using ianjuta_project_manager_get_element.

I think I have found a bug in the find file windows, if ianjuta_project_manager_get_children returns no files. The spinner starts but never end. I think I have fixed it but look at it.

I have checkout your latest improvements and indeed it's better without the Find Files button. I have imagined that it would have need more work to remove it. Then I'm not sure if it's really useful to display all the files with no match but it doesn't matter that much.

It could be useful to have a way to stop a search if it takes too much time.

Another issue is that without a project loaded, the project node selection is empty and you cannot use the find in files window at all. Perhaps we can use a GtkFileChooser button here if there is no project loaded or consider that there is always a default project corresponding to the current directory.