Re: [anjuta-devel] Segmentation fault when using scintilla

Hi John,

Le 01/02/2012 16:22, John Coppens a écrit :
I can't really pinpoint when the problem started, as I have rarely used
the procedure recently. Here goes:

- I opened a (existing, C) project.
- I tried to add a file using 'File|New|File', defining a new name,
   and enabling the .h file.
- Selected the correct target.
- On pressing accept, Anjuta disappears, with only message 'Segmentation
   fault'.

On running Anjuta in gdb, I get:

[New Thread 0x7ffff0b7c710 (LWP 2082)]
[New Thread 0x7fffeb7c5710 (LWP 2085)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe4d0d710 (LWP 2092)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe450c710 (LWP 2093)]
[Thread 0x7fffe4d0d710 (LWP 2092) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffe4d0d710 (LWP 2131)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe127f710 (LWP 2136)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe028e710 (LWP 2229)]
[Thread 0x7fffe028e710 (LWP 2229) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe450c710 (LWP 2093) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffe450c710 (LWP 2379)]

save_to_file (te=0x27bd390, update=<value optimized out>) at
text_editor.c:1689 1689         data[size] = '\0';

Seeing the reference to the text_editor, I suspected a problem with
Scintilla, so I restarted with GtkSourceView - no problem there.

I installed the latest (3.0.3) Scintilla, same problem.

The issue in not project related - all projects I tried show the same
problem. Also tried to remove all *.anjuta and .anjuta/* files and
reimport.

This is Anjuta 3.2.2, Scintilla 3.0.3, gtk+ 3.2.1

Thanks for your bug report but could you create an issue on bugzilla it's easier to track.

PS: One of the nuisances of using GtkSourceView is the yellow
highlighting when debugging. Using the Cobalt theme, that makes that
line as good as unreadable. I couldn't find where the color is defined
for highlighting.

I don't know, I'm using Scintilla most of the time.