Re: [anjuta-devel] Odd linker problems with libanjuta on Ubuntu 11.10

Hello,

2011/10/23 James Liggett <jrliggett cox net>:
Hi all,
Since upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 last week, I've been unable to build
Anjuta because of this linker error in libanjuta:

/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libcairo-gobject.la: No such file or directory

I have the cairo development package installed. The file that the linker
looks for, though, is in an odd place, /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, and
not in /usr/lib. The pkgconfig file for libcairo-gobject should point
the linker to this location, but the build doesn't look for it there.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

There is something on your system that is referencing the old cairo.
If you have compiled something from source, then deleting the .la
files there may solve the problem. You should also remove all the .la
files from your anjuta tree and rerun autogen.

Of course, the radical solution is to delete all the .la files on your
system (they aren't needed on linux). But this should be needed only
if you install a library from source and use packages for something
that depends on it (e.g. if you build glib or gtk from source).

HTH,
Abderrahim