[anjuta-devel] Odd linker problems with libanjuta on Ubuntu 11.10

Hi all,
Since upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 last week, I've been unable to build
Anjuta because of this linker error in libanjuta:

/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libcairo-gobject.la: No such file or directory

I have the cairo development package installed. The file that the linker
looks for, though, is in an odd place, /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, and
not in /usr/lib. The pkgconfig file for libcairo-gobject should point
the linker to this location, but the build doesn't look for it there.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
James