Re: [anjuta-devel] Dconf and GSettings

Hi!

The key name is limited to 32 characters, I think we could reach this
limit quite easily. Then I think there are already enough keys in
org.gnome.anjuta to get an improvements by splitting them in sub
directories. But I'm agree that there is only a small benefit here.

OK, the 32 character limitation might be something that we should
consider. I am not sure so if it is easy to change in the ui files because
of the / character but you might give it a try. It is definitly cleaner
but I fear that there was some reason I didn't do it in the first place
but I don't remeber.

I don't want to change anything in the .ui file. I would like to provide
an additional description for these keys too. If it's planned to store
them in the GtkBuilder file too, indeed I think it's better to wait.

OK, yes, it might make sense to add additional metadata to the schema file
and still try to generate as much as possible. For example, we could stop
generated the schema files automatically but keep the script and you run
it manually when you change an ui file. The script should be updated to
keep descriptions from an existing schema file.