Re: [anjuta-devel] Dconf and GSettings

Hi Johannes,

Le 01/10/2011 18:49, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
I think it would be better to separate plugin configurations in
org/gnome/anjuta/plugins/plugin_name than adding the plugin name at the
beginning of the key name.
It is probably rather simple to do but what is the great benefit?

The key name is limited to 32 characters, I think we could reach this limit quite easily. Then I think there are already enough keys in org.gnome.anjuta to get an improvements by splitting them in sub directories. But I'm agree that there is only a small benefit here.

I think the best solution is to describe all the keys in a
.schema file like it's done for keys which doesn't appear in preferences
dialog.
Well, it is a rather great burden to maintain the binding between settings
and widgets in the ui files by hand. At some point GtkBuilder should
support this directly and it should be editable in glade.

I don't want to change anything in the .ui file. I would like to provide an additional description for these keys too. If it's planned to store them in the GtkBuilder file too, indeed I think it's better to wait.

BTW, anjuta will abort if the .ui file would contain a setting not in the
(generated) schema file so this check is already done.

Yes, I know. But the goal is not to check for errors but to find the corresponding description for each key.

If we really just
wanted to add descriptions to the keys we could create schema.in files
that are considered by the script that contain the description metadata.

Yes that's my idea.

But as I said, I don't think it is worth the effort doing that at the moment.

Ok