Re: [anjuta-devel] GSOC-Project Idea

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply.

Am Dienstag, den 22.03.2011, 18:37 +0530 schrieb Abhinav Upadhyay:

I really liked the idea of integrating bugzilla in Anjuta. I have a
few interesting use cases in mind about it--

Developers would be able to search bugs in a particular project, with
different search criteria (pretty basic thing to do)

I think searching is not that interesting. The web interface is really
good with search so I don't think we should add another UI for it.

They would be able to directly mark a bug fixed or change its status
as they see right
They would be able to fetch a patch from bugzilla and apply to their code
They would be able to file new bugs from Anjuta as well.

These are interesting, so it is more important to be able to attach
patches to bugs than to file new bugs. I wouldn't want to duplicate the
bugzilla new bug UI in anjuta.

Asign a bug to a developer/team
Comment on bugs, etc.

See above, don't think we need that.

Integrating this feature with git.gnome.org would be even better,
because it would smoothen the work flow. I searched around, but I
don't think that git.gnome.org provides any API or web service to
build applications upon, so it won't be an easy task though.

It's more about git servers in general. I don't know if there is a way
to browse them though. The main feature here was to be able to browse a
repository for importing a project.

But I have something in my mind. Actually in launchpad and ubuntu dev
tools, what they do is to scan the commit of the branch being pushed,
they scan for a particular string of the format (LP: #bugnumber) , and
if a corresponding bug number is found on launchpad, it is marked as
linked to that branch, if a developer merges that branch, then the bug
is marked fixed. Debian's bug tracker system also works similarly.

We could do something similar with the existing git plugin. As
bugzilla does not provide any functionality to link the bugs with git
branches, what we can do is to link the bug with a git branch within
Anjuta, and when the developer merges that branch into the master, the
bug could be marked as fixed (automatically).

This would need to be done upstream on git.gnome.org (commit script) and
I don't think there is a plan or need to do this. The debian bug
tracking system is quite different from what bugzilla is used for in
GNOME.