Re: [anjuta-devel] Mailing List Woes

Hi James,

Le 07/06/2011 08:06, James Liggett a écrit :
For the past two weeks or so some of the messages I send to
anjuta-devel-list get bounced with a message like the one below from my
ISP's mail system. I have no idea why this "uceprotect" system is
bouncing my mails. I'm not sending spam and I'm doing legitimate
business here? Does anyone know who I would talk to about this?

I get this regularly since several months. I think uceprotect is a company providing black list used by gnome mailing list.

Your ISP could enter in this black list if one of its customer is sending a mail to some special email address of uceprotect. These address are unused, so normal user shouldn't use them but someone trying to send mail to random address could reach them and block all users using this smtp. Then they are several options to remove an IP address from this black list but most of them are not for free as it's how uceprotect make its own money. The opinion on this company seems mitigated.

I have been able to send mail most of the time using a different smtp server, using smtp-5 instead of stmp by example. But sometimes several are blacklisted for one week so it's a pain. You can try to complain to your ISP, it's the expected behavior by such company.

Best Regards,