Re: [anjuta-devel] Selecting and storing AVR debug platform and target device

I think I like Johannes idea better, as specifying the target device (and probably CPU freq) in the configure dialog makes a lot of sense. AVR Code is often quite portable, and often only small changes in code are needed to make sure it runs on another device.

I probably have two options:
- Edit the existing configure dialog, to make it more extensible.
How I would do this in Python: make a new abstract class/interface, and each subclass has a method returning a widget which would be vbox.pack_start'ed in the configure dialog, and some post processor which can add any ./configure flags based on the entries.

I guess the configure dialog is part of the project manager plugin, I don't know if the above idea is realistic?

- Add another option to the build menu which opens a new dialog where you can enter your target device, and saves it somehow in the session, and then when calling configure, somehow append some flags with the given data.

Any other ideas are welcome of course :)

In case of debugging: I think I'll add a new menu called 'AVR', and add the following options to it:
- Start/stop simulator
- Start/stop AVaRICE
- Specify target device

The last dialog allows you the change the target device used for AVaRICE or the simulator, and will also open when the user wants to start one of the two other options, and the target device isn't set yet. Store the value in session.

Regards,
Lucas