Re: [anjuta-devel] Two issues... Configuration and a warning

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:36:09 +0100
Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:

PS: I'm about to restart work on the Anjuta manual. My apologies for the
delay. Urgencies seem to keep piling up here, including the work which
caused the above. I spoke with Shaun to have 'page local' links, such
as are used in the original of the manual. He told me this will probably
make it into the Mallard 1.0 spec.

I don't think it is a bright idea to convert the original manual to
mallard as it is not really topic-based. I wanted to create some stubs
for the anjuta maunual but didn't get to it, yet.

The idea was to, at least partially, translate some of the manual, in
order to get a better feeling on how Mallard works. As a teacher, I am
particularly sensitive on the tools for teaching. If the tools don't
feel right, or some important aspects are missing or the toolbox is
too restrictive, I feel these either have to be completed at an early
stage or looked for another another toolbox entirely.

This is no criticism on Mallard (yet ;). I just wanted to be convinced
that the basic elements are there (they weren't, as the in-page links
issue showed, but a solution is almost there). I also feel an
auto-indexing mechanism should be there for off-line reading. The CSS
needs some work too.

Anyway, the work wouldn't be a lost effort, the pages can later be
reorganized into another structure.

John