Re: [anjuta-devel] Two issues... Configuration and a warning

Hi!

Am Samstag, den 15.01.2011, 03:11 -0300 schrieb John Coppens:
I tried several combinations of glib (now 2.26) and gtk (now 2.22), but
couldn't get rid of it. Running with --g-fatal-warnings in gdb causes
the window manager to hang almost completely (clock still works, mouse
pointer moves). I have no idea how to tackle this or where the error
could come from.

That hang happens when you have a breakpoint in a signal handler that
processes some kind of synchronous X event. Possible solution is to
start anjuta from a different terminal like this:

DISPLAY=:0 gdb anjuta

and switch back to that terminal when X hangs and look at the debug
output.

PS: I'm about to restart work on the Anjuta manual. My apologies for the
delay. Urgencies seem to keep piling up here, including the work which
caused the above. I spoke with Shaun to have 'page local' links, such
as are used in the original of the manual. He told me this will probably
make it into the Mallard 1.0 spec.

I don't think it is a bright idea to convert the original manual to
mallard as it is not really topic-based. I wanted to create some stubs
for the anjuta maunual but didn't get to it, yet.

Basically the new structure of the manual should look like this (for
example):

Project Management

* Start a new project
* Add files to your project
 - Different kind of files here...
* Link to additional libraries

User-interface builder
* Create the user interface for your application
* Connecting signals

etc.

It is not really useful to talk about how to save/load files or explain
the menu structure as was done in the past manual.

Thanks,