Re: [anjuta-devel] Two issues... Configuration and a warning

Hi John,

Le 15/01/2011 07:11, John Coppens a écrit :
1) To test a warning condition (see below), I added
'--g-fatal-warnings' in Run | Parameters. For some reason, this
parameter got saved, but I can't get rid of it now. Each time I enter
Anjuta, the parameter is back. When exactly does this get saved?

This is saved when you close the project or when you exit (without a crash) from Anjuta.

Eventually, you can remove it directly in the file _your_project_directory_/.anjuta/session/anjuta.session. In the Execution section, you should have a "Program argument" key with this parameter.

2) I don't know where the next error comes from. Googled a lot, found
several instances, but no solution. When clicking on the dropdown arrow
of a GtkComboBoxEntry, a warning message appears:

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:3081: signal name `depressed' is
invalid for instance `0x89d8c0'

I tried several combinations of glib (now 2.26) and gtk (now 2.22), but
couldn't get rid of it. Running with --g-fatal-warnings in gdb causes
the window manager to hang almost completely (clock still works, mouse
pointer moves). I have no idea how to tackle this or where the error
could come from.

I don't get this here (but on the master version), it's possible that this signal have been deprecated at some point. Normally, I'm running anjuta with gdb on the command line and set the environment variable G_DEBUG to stop on such warning to see from where it comes from. But, it hasn't hang the window manage.

PS: I'm about to restart work on the Anjuta manual. My apologies for the
delay. Urgencies seem to keep piling up here, including the work which
caused the above. I spoke with Shaun to have 'page local' links, such
as are used in the original of the manual. He told me this will probably
make it into the Mallard 1.0 spec.

Ok, that's a really good news.