Re: [anjuta-devel] Project manager UI suggestions

Hi,

Le 04/01/2011 11:40, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
I like the idea of the "Add libraries" dialog. Sounds much more like
that task the user wants to achieve.

Ok, I will try to see what can be done here.

We started that a bit on the hackfest but still I think the user doesn't
really need to understand autotools to write an application and we
should leave it out of his way most of the time.

Ok, I think it's better if the user doesn't need to take care of this neither.

Haven't looked at it but the idea sounds good. Adding them only to the
labels is what other applications usually do.

Ok, I will remove the tooltip in the entry.

Just an idea, don't know if that's possible:
The whole properties dialog could be a GtkTreeView which display a list
like that:

CFLAGS   | -g -O2
CPPFLAGS |
etc.

Either we only show the flags that are really set and give the user an
add/remove button where the first column becomes a combobox where the
user can choose the appropriate flag or we just grey out all flags that
aren't used.

That's an idea but I'm already using a tree view for some properties.

Of course anything that isn't related to CFLAGS/JAVAFLAGS/VALAFLAGS,
whatever would still be a single entry or checkbox.

In my idea, it's for all properties including things not linked to FLAGS. By example, I have target properties like "Do not use prefix" or "Keep target path" which are, I think, quite rare.

Hmm, that one is tricky. Ideally, we would want to provide a shortcut to
edit the first executable target because that is what new users will hit
first.

I can open by default the property of the first target if nothing is selected in the project view but the project properties dialog is probably useful too for changing the version number.

Else I could add a treeview in the properties dialog to select the node (like it's already done in the Add Source, Add Group, Add Target and Add module dialog) but contrary to these dialog, it is possible to have several properties dialog open at the same time (on different node) so it means quite a few tree view.

I don't like that much this feature of the Add * dialogs. Perhaps a nice solution would be to have a combo box containing the selected node and have tree view in the dropdown list if we want to select another node. I don't know if it's possible though.

Another idea would be to add some buttons to the project-view window
that make it more obvious that you can edit somewhere there than the
popup-menu.
But this needs some more discussion probably.

Yes, I will think about this and perhaps look at other IDE.