Re: [anjuta-devel] New project notification

Hi,

I missed this mail because it was threaded in another thread.

On 02/05/2011 05:26 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:

So the issue with the makefile backend was that you get these
notifications in the order 3 (project is loaded synchronously) 1 2. It
was leading to a crash in symbol-db plugin which was checking for
IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGET_ROOT_URI in the "project-loaded" handler.

I have avoid this crash by changing the order to 2 1 3. But there is
still an issue if you connect to a change of
IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_CURRENT_PROJECT and try to read
IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_ROOT_URI.

It is not very nice, I can imagine the following solutions:

1. Do nothing:
We just need to document that IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_ROOT_URI could
still be NULL after getting a change on
IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_CURRENT_PROJECT

2. Remove IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_ROOT_URI:
We can do the same by using IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_CURRENT_PROJECT,
getting the file corresponding to the root node. All plugins using this
value have to be updated.

3. Remove both shelll variables and add a new signal something like
"project-changed":
This signal can be emitted when the current project is changed before

4. Do you have another idea?

I think, it could be better to something between 1 and 2. I mean telling
that the IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_ROOT_URI variable is obsolete and try
to use only IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_CURRENT_PROJECT. This is looking

yes that would be the best option with the minor impact I suppose.
Having 3 implemented would probably be the best option (a way to standardize how the plugins interacts between each others). This could be scheduled as "step 2" after the removal of IANJUTA_PROJECT_MANAGER_ROOT_URI, which I see is used in many plugins and may require some time to clean.

thanks and regards,
Massimo