Re: [anjuta-devel] Glade drag and drop

Hi!

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, I didn't mean to questioning your open
development, I just wanted to bring this detail to your attention.
Ideally, I'd like to have anjuta support the "5 gnome key languages"
equally well (and, why not, other languages as well).

Well, that's the ultimate goal and you do a great job for Vala. I hope
to be able to look a bit more into python bugs but it's hard for me to
check javascript but maybe some bugs can be fixed there, too.

This seems ok to me, but I'm not sure what is the meaning of start and
end. What I was thinking about is something that would indent a given
line, and maybe return a position where to insert next.

It would do exactly the same as when you select some area a press Ctrl-I
in the editor, so it will always operate on full lines and move
start/end to line_start/line_end if necessary.

btw, I think it would also be a good idea for ianjuta_editor_insert to
return a position. I'm thinking about something like:

It might be useful it it returns the position. But as that would be an
IAnjutaIterable* element all the existing code needs to be change for
memory management.

* if current line isn't empty, insert a newline.
* if it's necessary, insert a CCode annotation (indenting before and
inserting a newline after).
* insert the correct method (again with correct indentation), and
opening and closing braces
* move the cursor where the user can start typing immediately (not that
it would be too painful to click, as the user is already using the
mouse).

I think that makes things more complicated. My idea was to just insert
the text (as-is) and when you are finished run indent() on the whole
area.
Setting the cursor should be trivial if you have the position.

(btw, the documentation comments seem to inconsistently use "cursor",
"caret" and "carat").

Yes, should be fixed...

I don't see anything that can be in common, since the C plugin is using
introspection to find the signal parameters, and for Vala I'm going to
use the information from the parsed vapi.

Well, I though Vala might use the same introspection but maybe you have
other sources.