[anjuta-devel] Rethinking the AnjutaProjectNode API

Hello Sébastien,

Recently, I've been trying to use the new Project API from both a user
and implementor perspective, and I'm having trouble especially with the
properties.

As a user (the Vala support plugin), I just did what I wanted to do when
we were discussing the API in the first place, and it seems to work
perfectly. I have used anjuta_project_source_get_node_from_file and
anjuta_project_node_parent_type which weren't used. I think the former
(along with similar functions anjuta_project_group_get_node_from_file
and anjuta_project_target_get_node_from_name) should be correctly
namespaced as anjuta_project_node_get_{source,group}_from_file and
anjuta_project_node_get_target_from_name (or maybe something else).

Now I'd like to get the VALAFLAGS of a given target, and I can't find a
way to do so except to traverse the custom_properties list matching the
name field against something like "Vala compiler flags:" which looks
more like a user interface string than a machine-friendly one.

As an implementor (trying to write a project plugin for BuilDj) I'm also
having the same problem : I can't seem to find a good way to lookup a
property by name. There are also some other problems with the memory
management of the properties lists but I could hack around them, so
let's start with more urgent things.

Regards,
Abderrahim