Re: [anjuta-devel] Anjuta Vala bindings

Hi!

2. use the gir files directly
  + get the benefits of corrected gir annotations immediately
  + no need to manually update bindings
  - needs switch-to-gir branch of vala (the main fix is present in
master, so we can use that with some workarounds)
  - needs the fix for bug 635287 (in gtk)

I think that is the ultimate long-time goal because it would avoid any
special-casing for vala and we would just have to fix introspection
annotations once and for all. If that is not possible (or too
complicated for now) see below.

How likely is the merge of the switch-to-gir branch into vala master
within the next few weeks? I guess the gtk+ bug shouldn't be a big issue
so I guess it is merged rather soon. Same things was fixed in gdl and
anjuta already.

3. generate the vapi from the gir
  + get the benefits corrected gir annotations
  - need to be manually generated on a system who has the above fixes
  - may have a problem with gdl (so we'd need to skip that)

If the above (2) causes issues this could be a good intermediate step.
Skipping gdl is not a big issue for now though it should have quite good
GIRs.

Another question is whether we should install the vapi or not, it's
nicer for external plugins written in vala (until vala supports gir
properly).

I think we should focus on the girs. This is basically our interface for
plugin developers and the vapis are just an intermediate step.

Looking forward to an updated vala plugin :)

Thanks,