Re: [anjuta-devel] RFC: Symbol-db future

Hi!

well, we can act as `dpkg -S` does on debian: we could query
project-manager and ask it to which package it belongs to.
I suppose that using the meta-packages and the libraries packages, there
will be really few headers left alone.
If that's the case we can put those orphans under a 'unknown' package.
Doing this separation will help the db at query time.

Sorry, I still don't get how that would help query time in any way.
Simple example to make this clear:

#include <string.h>

So, we would know that string.h is part of glibc (in case we would
create such a virtual package). But we don't want to search in whole
glibc because the user only included string.h and not stdlib.h or
file.h. As such we totally don't care which package the file was in.

I am not against putting the package name in the db somewhere but I just
don't see a huge benefit in having it when we search file-based.

Thanks and regards,