Re: [xml] "Re: [xml] usage of xmlReconciliateNs"'

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 06:33:23PM +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
But I'm still not sure if we are talking about the same thing.

Example:

  <a>
    <b xmlns:foo="foo">
      <c foo:attr="">
        <d xmlns:bar="bar" foo:attr="">
       <e xmlns:bar2="bar2">
            <bar:f/>
            <g bar2:attr=""/>
          </e>
        </d>
      </c>
    </b>
    <x/>
  </a>

Detaching <c> and adding it to <x> results in:

<a>
   <b xmlns:foo="foo"/>
   <x>
     <c xmlns:foo="foo" xmlns:bar="bar" xmlns:bar2="bar2" foo:attr="">
       <d xmlns:bar="bar" foo:attr="">
         <e xmlns:bar2="bar2">
           <bar:f/>
           <g bar2:attr=""/>
         </e>
       </d>
     </c>
   </x>
</a>

All the namespaces in the moved subtree are redeclared and remapped. The
old declarations are still there but no more referenced. Why do "bar"
and "bar2" need to be remapped if they do already exist?

  Hum, right that seems buggy :-\
That function obviously didn't got much testing, well if you can provide
a patch to fix this, it will certainly be applied. Would be a good thing
to extend the cutnpaste.py test to check the specific behaviours being
fixed.

Daniel