Re: [ANNOUNCE] librep 0.90.3 released

Am Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:15:45 -0800
schrieb Rodrigo Gallardo <rodrigo nul-unu com>:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:29:19PM +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek
> wrote:
> > > Your responses will help me plan how much I should try to support
> > > backporting.
> >
> > Currently everything non-Debian should have been backported, and in
> > general I prefer distributors to not keep their patches
> > "personal" (unless configuration related).
>
> By "backporting" I was actually using the Debian-specific meaning of
> making newer packages available for older versions of the distro. For
> example, people wanting to run 1.5 in lenny, or maybe even in sarge.
>
> This is particularly relevant right now, because unstable has just
> gained support for a new source package format. I want to adopt it
> thoroughly, but older versions of dpkg-source won't know how to unpack
> it, so there are needs to be balanced there.

Sorry, then I missunderstood you. I heard that, it got lzma support,
finally, right? Well, you'll get three answers:

I'm using Stable, please provide packages for it!
I'm using Testing, please provide packages for it!
I'm using Unstable, please provide packages for it!

Well I guess most of us use Testing or Unstable, so this should fit the
most, backports for Stable aren't difficult, though. So I would say it
depends on how much time you want to spend.