Re: [ANNOUNCE] librep 0.90.3 released

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:29:19PM +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> > Your responses will help me plan how much I should try to support
> > backporting.
>
> Currently everything non-Debian should have been backported, and in
> general I prefer distributors to not keep their patches
> "personal" (unless configuration related).

By "backporting" I was actually using the Debian-specific meaning of
making newer packages available for older versions of the distro. For
example, people wanting to run 1.5 in lenny, or maybe even in sarge.

This is particularly relevant right now, because unstable has just
gained support for a new source package format. I want to adopt it
thoroughly, but older versions of dpkg-source won't know how to unpack
it, so there are needs to be balanced there.