Re: cycle all windows / viewport only / workspace only

Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> writes:

> Currently we can set in SawfishConfig what is the behaviour of
> "Cycle windows", by clicking "Include windows on all
> workspaces/viewports when cycling"
>
> It would be great if someone (me?) added two more functions:
>
> - cycle windows in workspace only
> - cycle windows in viewport only

Do these do what you want?

(define-cycle-command-pair
  'cycle-workspace 'cycle-workspace-backwards
  (lambda ()
    (filter-windows (lambda (w)
                      (and
                       (window-in-cycle-p w)
                       (window-in-workspace-p w current-workspace))))))

(define-cycle-command-pair
  'cycle-viewport 'cycle-viweport-backwards
  (lambda ()
    (filter-windows (lambda (w)
                      (and
                       (window-in-cycle-p w)
                       (window-in-workspace-p w current-workspace)
                       (not (window-outside-viewport-p w)))))))

The cycle-workspace command will cycle through all windows in the
current workspace (including all viewports, so long as
cycle-all-viewports is t -- which is not the default).  The
cycle-viewport command cycles through only the current viewport.

You may also want to look at the app.jl script; with it you can cycle
through all xterms, eg.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>