Re: cycle all windows / viewport only / workspace only

you are welcome to start from my implementation

http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/cycle-per-class.jl

It includes a function to cycle in top window per class, and to switch
widnows in the same workspace:

dmg-cycle-classes 'dmg-cycle-classes-backwards

dmg-cycle-in-workspace, dmg-cycle-in-workspace-backwards

At the very least they should save you some time in finding how to
declare cycling functions.

--dmg

--
--dmg