Re: Halve window size should unset window is maximized flag

Christopher Roy Bratusek said:     (by the date of Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:51:26 +0100)

> Am Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:05:35 +0100
> schrieb Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl>:
>
> > After upgrading to 1.6 I noticed a neat function "Halve window size".
> >
> > To obtain a window at exactly half the screen size I first maximize,
> > then halve it's size. Problem is that after this operation the
> > "maximized flag" remains true, and I cannot move the window around.
> >

> Thanks for this one, I guess it should be the same with
> double-window-size. But double-window-size needs more work now where
> I'm thinking of it:
>
> a) should it allow the window to be bigger than (screen-width) and
> (screen-height)

yes. When you want to be limited to screen size, simply use the
Maximize Window.

> b) should it then set maximized flag? I guess yes

IMO shouldn't

> And of course the same for halve-window-size:
>
> a) should it unset maximized flag if the halved window is bigger than
> (screen-width) and (screen-height)? Surely not

yes :) It should always unset this flag.

> b) should there be a minimal size which the window can't be smaller?

The same as when resizing a window. Try to resize some window to
minimal size and you will see that different windows have different
minimal sizes. halve-window-size should simply respect that.

What I'm telling is that: double/halve window size always unsets
maximize flag, and totally ignores screen size. By this way the
behaviour will never be unexpected. To get some other, more complex
behaviour just use maximize, growpack, whatever.

Also it would be useful to have:

halve-window-size-horizontal
halve-window-size-vertical

double-window-size-horizontal