Re: Debian packages. Critical bugs before releasing 1.6.0

Christopher Roy Bratusek said:     (by the date of Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:09:25 +0100)

> Am Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:06:27 +0100
> schrieb Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl>:
>
> > Janek Kozicki said:     (by the date of Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:45:55
> > +0100)

> > > Perhaps that bug is only affecting me, and I'm acting stupid :) I'll
> > > investigate later. Maybe on Friday.
> >
> > I located the culprit: the first keybinding in a single line in
> > ~/.sawfish/custom referring to Button6,7,8,9 caused all bindings
> > towards the end of line to be ignored. And so I were seeing only 20
> > out of 200 bindings.
>
> Fuck. This needs to be fixed, before release. (Even if mouse branch is
> reverted, as say you accidently used ^ or ° for a binding instead of 1
> (one of the former two is not a valid key for bindings) the result is
> the same, sawfish should be more tolerant here and just remove the
> wrong one from config or atleast just ignore it)

for start we could just give the user some warning "Unrecognised
keybinding, ignoring all other keybindings, edit your
~/.sawfish/custom to fix this (and remember to backup it first)". So
that he knows that something is wrong, this will fix that stupid
feeling "wtf, where are all my bindings?".