Re: reviving sawfish development.

On Jun 27, 2007, at 10:52 AM, Janek Kozicki wrote:

Please however understand that there should be a difference between:

A. Project being dead
B. Project being finished.

right, in (B) you still fix bugs, but not add features

2. There was an attempt to add support for tabs in sawfish by writing a
  plugin. This attempt was so-so succesfull, because the author said
  that sawfish simply does not support tabs, and his plugin is a
  workaround around sawfish limitations using some lisp hacking.

it should be possible to implement this in lisp

But if someone wants to create an active branch in the
gnome svn repository and work on it, that's fine with me.
If any changes get enough testing coverage and look sane,
they can be merged back into the trunk,

Yes! That's the spirit. Create a branch, and allow him to work there.
We better avoid making a fork in separate repository, becaue this may
lead to too much fragmentation and additional problems with merging.

the two options are basically equivalent, except you wouldn't need a gnome svn account

PS: are you using sawfish on your desktop?

not regularly. I typically run Apple's quartz-wm

	John