Cleaning up compile-time warnings

As you probably know, there are a number of weird bugs in sawfish that
only come up in amd64 (or maybe they come up in other 64 bit arches,
but noone has reported them).

Since I don't really have a clue about where to search for them, I
decided to start by cleaning up the many
 "pointer targets in passing argument n of * differ in signedness"
warnings one get when compiling, on the theory that those warnings may
be real bugs.

At first glance, they seem to be in two main categories:

* Those caused by the rep_STR macro, which ends up resolving to a
unsigned char *, which is then fed to functions that
take a char *. I've decided to assume these cause no bugs since both
the x86 and the amd64 ABIs call for signed chars as default, so any
problems with this would be showing up in x86 too.

* Those caused by calls to Xlib. These are the ones I'm going to try
to clean up.

So, questions: Do these assumptions seem real enough? Is this a
worthwhile task, or maybe I should spend my time somewhere else?

--
Rodrigo Gallardo
GPG-Fingerprint: 7C81 E60C 442E 8FBC D975  2F49 0199 8318 ADC9 BC28