Re: New dependency?

On Wed, June 7, 2006 14:26, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 11:07 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I think we'll reach consensus that it's okay to use it: aren't we in
>> love with dbus now? ;-) Also, I'm a bit reluctant on imposing
>> restrictions on our blessed dependencies/external modules: we should
>> definitely tell their maintainers when we're not happy, but doing
>> more might not be sensible from us.
>>
>> Now, what about liboobs? :-) I guess it should be included in the
>> desktop set.
>
> Indeed, when I feel more confident about it's API stability, I may
> propose it formally for the developer platform.

Any reason why it would be useful to have in the platform?

> BTW, g-s-t will very probably depend soon on PolicyKit (a dependency
> recently introduced by HAL), I initially thought it wouldn't be an
> issue, but now I'm not so sure... should I have notified this too? :)

HAL will depend on it, so IMHO it'll be okay. A notification is of course
most welcome :-)

(Btw, you should probably send the notifications to d-d-l so people who
know more than the release team people can object, if necessary ;-))

Thanks Carlos,