Re: How does Project Ridley affect ISV's?

<quote who="Elijah Newren">

> Perhaps it wasn't made more clear due to the 'social intrigue' required,
> as you put it?

That's probably the main reason why. "Everyone" knows about it, but it never
came up in a productive way because "everyone" wanted to avoid the fallout.
Nowadays, it's less of an issue - Michael is focusing on other things, lots
of work has been done to shift away from Bonobo already, etc.

> Of course, this is just kind of proving Brian's point that we have a ways
> to go on documenting various areas of our platform besides just
> documentation (what's in and out, what we intend for ISV use vs. just
> Gnome use, what's deprecated, what do we intend to add, whether and when
> we have any plans for API/ABI breakage (i.e. is 3.x in the works?), and
> other various plans/intentions).

I would love to see a 'project maintainer' for the Developer Platform suite.
(Well, sure, I'd love to see a project maintainer for all of the suites, as
I think it would help greatly with oversight, but most importantly for the
Developer Platform.)

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit: October 8th-10th              http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

    "Gah. Out of coffee. Shall think whilst auto-caffeinating." - Telsa
                                   Gwynne