Re: Release questions...

<quote who="Elijah Newren">

> Has the same problems that walking /ftp/pub/GNOME/sources or
> ftp.gnome.org has--doesn't get everything.  :-)

Sure, but that doesn't actually matter for making a GNOME release. We don't
release all the other stuff, just what is in our module lists. Hopefully
you're smoketesting on top of a relatively sane distribution that already
has the other stuff.

GARNOME was always the easiest tool for doing this - you punch in the
metadata (ie. the version numbers), build and ship. I used to build the
versions file from the garballs, too.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit: October 8th-10th              http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

                    The Unix Way: Everything is a file.
                 The Linux Way: Everything is a filesystem.